Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Five Crows Garden Show Part One



Two Sundays ago, Naomi and I went to Five Crows home to help her build her raise beds. The raise beds were designed by yours truly with additions and modifications provided by Naomi. The construction of the garden went well and by the end of the day Five Crows had a great raised bed garden if I do say so myself.

Here is a sketch or plan for the garden beds. Although it was slightly altered (for the better) its basic design stayed pretty much the same.








Naomi and I constructing the garden beds. We began by first by putting four 8 foot boards into a "star" shaped design. We then used L-brackets to secure the boards to each other.









Then after those four boards were put together we then moved the design so that it was exactly where we wanted it within the garden area.

(BTW I love the sign posts in front of Five Crows garden area)




After connecting those four boards I was off to the garage to begin cutting out the 4 foot lengths so we could begin constructing the five checker box design.





In the next post I will detail the next steps that we took in order to bring the garden about.

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good. Wish I was half as handy with tools and could build something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I can't wait to see the finished beds nicely planted. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I tagged you for the Honest Scrap award, if you want it. Go to http://www.naomi-the-naturenerd.blogspot.com/ to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete